Sunday, 24 October 2010
This card is for Friday Sketchers Challenge 125. I sat staring at this sketch for a while thinking my mojo had also caught my cold and gone on strike. Just when I was giving up I started clearing up my desk and found all the left over bits from last weeks challenge and some Snow Ladies that I had coloured up a few weeks ago and not done anything with.So there it was this weeks card from last weeks leftovers and a perfect companion to last weeks Mr Snowman.
Monday, 18 October 2010
Ok so it's time to get on and finish my Christmas cards. I think this is number 70 something. I've honestly given up counting at the moment.So for this card I have followed this weeks sketch at Friday Sketchers
Papers were a freebie download from Martine McKnight at The Craft Table.
There is some glitter on the snowman but as I have photographed it this evening it is not showing too well.
Friday, 15 October 2010
Oh yes I'm back. No I have not been sunning myself in warmer climates, although hubby has. He went off on his yearly retreat to Gibraltar. Instead I have been beavering away doing other things and trying to keep up with card orders. Just when I thought everything was ok and back on track we started to have problems with the electric, which led us to discover one cold morning the the pump on the boiler had gone. No sooner was that fixed than it sprung a leak onto the electric socket beneath and the power kept going off again.We now have to wait a week for a new part but at least we have heating and hot water again. We have also been having problems with our broadband which makes using the internet painful as it is so slow.Seems there is noise on the line somewhere between our house and the exchange. Looking for a needle in a haystack seems to spring to mind when hoping for a solution to this problem.
The challenge this week at ABC is F for Flowers. This is a card a friend asked me to make for her daughter's birthday next week.
Stamps are Greenhouse Garden from Stampin' Up. One is stamped on to the oval and the others were stamped then cut out and layered around the oval. I then added lots of sparkle to the embossing and the centre of the flowers and finished off with a dragonfly brad.