Monday, 6 September 2010

Stampin For the weekend 46



Ok here I am like a bus now. You wait for one to come along then two turn up.Two postings in two days.
Oh how I wish I had had my camera with me today.On the way to lunch with hubby we were privileged to see a Dakota, Lancaster bomber and a Spitfire Fly over Hornchurch on their way to London to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, it was a magnificent sight and one never to be forgotten.I will hopefully have my camera at the ready on Sunday when a Spitfire will once again take to the skies of Hornchurch to commemorate those that fought in the Battle of Britain.
This was a card I was recently asked to make for someone's mother who was in The WAAF (Women's Auxiliary Air Force) during the war.
It just happens to fit into this weeks challenge at Stampin' for the Weekend which is shabby or vintage. To make the vintage map I printed off then screwed it up much to the horror of my husband who asked" What you throwing it away for ?" men they just don't understand the talents of us crafty people now do they ?.I then shabbied with Tim Holtz tea dye.

1 comment:

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is so stunning. Great job, bet she will love it.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.