Sunday, 29 August 2010

Gone fishing


Well I hope you've all had a great week I certainly have.
I spent one day last week at Image That doing a class with the very talented Jo-Firth-Young called Stress Free Distress. Have you ever seen a bunch of grown women have so much fun with ink and shaving foam, I think not!!.
I came home with pink, orange and red fingers but who cares. It was such exhausting work playing that hubby took me for a lovely meal afterwards so I didn't even have to think about cooking.
This card is for the following challenges.
CES Challenge - Anything goes.
Sew Many Cards Challange - Happy Birthday.
The Paper Players - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Anything goes
This was a card I was recently asked to make.I think I am safe in putting this on my blog as the person concerned doesn't know me.
It' doesn't show too well in the photo but I used glossy accents on the little fishes and being thin card they also curled which makes them look even better as they don't lie flat.I also decoupaged the basket to give it a bit of depth.

12 comments:

~Jeri~ said...

Your card looks great!! Love how it pops, the basket and fish. Fabulous work and coloring!

Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

Audrey said...

What a great masculine card. I love the fish. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and don't forget to enter in our monthly drawing going on right now.

Always Playing with Paper said...

Love the fish image and the card is the perfect masculine card! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Paper Players!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Sheena said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge! Sheena xx

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous male card Glenda that image and your design are great thank you for joining our challenge at SMC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Ann Schach said...

What a perfect masculine card! Such a great image! Thanks for joining The Paper Players challenge this week!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just perfect for any bloke hun
Thanks for joining us this week for CES 1st Challenge, hope to see you again next week!!
hugs shell xx

Elisa said...

Fantastic male card,they are so hard to make.Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges and good luck.Elisa.x

Julie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments

Nance said...

Love those fish with the glossy accents--great "man card"! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

kim.mom said...

AWESOME!!! Great coloring! TFS with us at SMC!

Jaydee said...

Glenda, this is a fabulous card. You have managed to captured such a wonderful 3D quality to it. great job! I am sure the recipient loved this card.
Thank you for joining The Paper Players this week.
Jaydee