Friday, 19 June 2009

I'm Back


Well I'm back from Paris and back into blogging can you believe nearly two weeks since I posted anything. Paris was great, it was good to finally meet Dave's cousin who he hasn't seen for nearly forty years. My little darling Toby(the Parrot) finally also came hope from the vets on Sunday after a week in animal hospital with possible metal poisoning, which may have been caused by a broken microchip.I think is he more or less back to normal apart from his appetite, but at least he is starting to eat something which is a huge relief. Now we just have to wait a few days to see if he puts on any weight if not it's back to the vets and no doubt another huge bill.I've had a very busy week since my return what with a card commission, calligraphy and going to see The King & I at the Royal Albert Hall which was fantastic.
Thought I would get in quick with a card for two challenges. First the sketch at Friday Sketchers no 57. Secondly over at Charisma Cardz the challenge is Diamonds. Hubby wants to paint the ceiling this weekend so the computer will have to disconnected and moved.Feeling in a bit of a girly mode at the moment must have been all that shopping in Paris, I wish!!. Image is digital download from Charmed Cards & Crafts. I have put glitter on her glass but it doesn't really show in the photo.

13 comments:

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Glenda and the glitter shows perfectly. Love your gorgeous glittery main card and additions. Those gems are such a pretty detail for her necklace and earrings.
Pleased you enjoyed Paris and that Toby is on the mend.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Nicola said...

Oops meant to say dress adornment and not earrings, silly me. -x-

gypsyrose said...

Love your card its really stunning.
good to hear you enjoyed paris,xxx

Kari said...

Hi! Wonderful card! Love the paper :)

Thank you for visiting my blog and kind words :)

Have a nice saturday :)

Kari :)

megastamper said...

oh how lovely and so marvellous. such a brilliant stamp but also cute.
thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and your work to my sketch.
have a nice weekend. hugs, bea

Jackie said...

Very effective! Love the colour.

love to create said...

beautiful card

Sally said...

Fantastic card. I love the color scheme. Looks very elegant. thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

Cheryl said...

fab card great detail on it too love cheryl xxx

POPPET said...

Hi Glenda, this looks really elegant, love it, hugs Pops x x

Chris said...

oolala! What a great card. Sounds like you had a super trip too...how exciting.

Thanks so much for playing along this week with the Friday Sketchers blog - I'm thrilled to be the sponsor and am having so much fun checking out all of the cards!

Barbara said...

Lovely card, great colouring and choice of papers. Hope your parrot is continuing to improve.
Barbara
x

Cardmaking Galore said...

Just stunning - well done