Sunday, 31 May 2009

Two Challenges in One.


Wooo what a week. Have you ever had one of those weeks when everything goes wrong. I ordered several things this week all of which have had to go back for various reasons.Including people just not reading what you asked for and sending you something totally different. I wonder what's the point sometimes I might as well just say here's my money send me anything you like cos you sure won't send me what I asked for.Guess I will just have to wait until I go somewhere to get my nestabilities now as that was one of the things I returned, which was supposed to be my birthday present from hubby. Yes another birthday another year older. I had lots of fab homemade cards I may just have to take some pictures and post them here. Didn't have a very exciting birthday as my baby (Toby the parrot) is sick so it was an emergency trip to the vets this morning. Now I'm £70.00 lighter in the pocket and none the wiser at the moment as to the problem other than he has gone off his food. Probably because we mentioned that word holiday to him. We are off to Paris in just over a week so I hope he recovers in time or he will be spending his holiday in the vets.
Anyway enough of my moaning and groaning one good thing this weeks was I won Friday Sketchers challenge last week yeah!!!!!!.
Now to this card. It's for two challenge the first at Sketch Saturday who are also celebrating their birthday on the same day as me. Is that a good omen I wonder? The second challenge is over at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge whose challenge this week it Pink, Turquoise and a hint of brown.Stamp and sentiment are both from Stampin'up. Backing papers are from Cream Swirls from Pink Petticoat.

16 comments:

COCO said...

wo very nice card !!!!
Thanks for joining in at SS this week and for entering for my surprise bag!
Hugs COCO

Loz said...

Beautiful card and colours..Loz

Rachel said...

such a pretty card!! you did a beautiful job.
hugs,
Rachel

joey said...

Hiya, oh I do hope your parrot will be ok. Your card is lovely such a serene image.Joey.x

Cheryl said...

lovely card love the image too love cheryl xxx

scrappyjan said...

Hello Glenda, you really have some pretty cards on your blog! I just received that little Stamposaurus Elephant and haven't done him just yet.. You have him done up VERY WELL VERY CUTE!! Thank you for leaving me some love on my blog.. Your comments made me smile.. thanks! Welsome to stop by anytime just to say hello.. janny

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card - I love the image you used

Hope your parrot is feeling better and that you have a fab time in Paris - my sister was there briefly last month and loved it!

Jane Carroll said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

tracie said...

Beautiful card, love this image. Thanks for joining us this week at SS and for your kind words.. good luck with my surprise candy
hugs
Tracie :)x

Cheryl said...

lovely card hun know what you mean about things going wrong they are like that all the time for me just lately take care love cheryl xxxx

Jeanette said...

Lovely card! Hope your parrot is better!
Thanks for joining in the fun this week at SS and thanks for entering for my Surprise gift bag!
Hugs Jeanette xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Glena love the image, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Glenda , such a super image so beautifully coloured.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Sandra said...

Belated birthday wishes to you Glenda. Love your card. Thanks for joining in with the Sketch Saturday Big Birthday Bash!
Sandra x

Jo said...

isn't that a lovely image? great card Glenda ;)
Thank you for joining in our challenge and for entering my PBC
Jo xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Glenda, you've done wonders with this weeks colour scheme and everything on your card works so well together. Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x