Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Two challenges in one


Firstly an apology to all my followers and blogging buddies. Sorry if I have not visited your blog for a while but my mother-in-law who is nearly 90 and who also has dementia is seriously ill and facing a major operation in the next few weeks. Never fear I will visit as soon as I can.
This is the first chance I've had to make a card this week since hubby's aunt and cousin left on Sunday evening.It is for two challenges. Firstly Papertake Weekly Dawny's Sketch 12 another great sketch from Dawn. The second challenge is for Colour Create and the chosen colours this week are Duck Egg Blue and Rose. I can't remember where I got the rose stamp from but I have stamped, then water coloured and then used Stampin'up heat & stick powder then glitter for a bit of sparkle. The sentiment is from Imagine That

13 comments:

Sue at Stampndaly said...

Love the glittered rose.

jem said...

beautiful card,thanks for visiting my blog.I love all your cards and have become a follower.take care of you .janex

Sue said...

Gorgeous card luv the colour combo, lovely image luv the glitter, sue.x

Donna said...

Beautifl card Glenda and such a pretty flower. Hope all goes well with your MIL's operation :) Donna x

LINDA said...

Really beautiful card..Love the glitter..
Hugs, Linda

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Glenda - love that glittery rose. -x-

LOUISE said...

Hi Glenda, this card is fab. Love the embossed background, it really emphasizes the image which is lovely too. Louise x

Rica said...

Hi Glenda, this is gorgeous - so pretty. Great use of the colours and what a fabulous image.
Thanks for joining us at CC.
hugs Heather xx

Tab said...

Stunning card, really pretty! Sorry to hear how poorly your mum is, sending big hugs!
Hugs Tab xxx

Loz said...

Beautiful card Glenda.I Hope everything gets better with your MIL...Loz

anabellpepper said...

This is beautiful! I love the elegant simplicity.

Alex said...

Lovely card Glenda, love the sparkle :)

Have a good Easter.

Bye for now,

Alex x

steph said...

Fab card! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!