Friday, 17 April 2009

Sympathy Card.


Boy don't these weeks go quick I can't believe it's Friday and I haven't made any cards since Monday.I had a great time on Wednesday with my friends Patricia & Val. Now no fighting girls I have swapped your names around on this post so you can't argue whose name went first.
Well I was asked today to make a sympathy card. Of course know one likes to make these but sometimes they just have to be done. So this is my little creation.
Image is from Stampin'Up and embossed on to both black and white card.Sentiment comes from Funky Fairys Just Hanging Around download.
Having made the card and blog hopping over at my buddy Nicola's I found a new challenge blog, well new to me Creative Card Crew
Challenge 6 which this week is Monochrome Madness,Black, White & Grey/Silver so this card fits neatly into that.
Is also fits the Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge 47 which is to use Die-cuts or punches. I used my circle and scalloped punches.
I hope you all have a good weekend. I know I will as I'm going to Alexandra Palace for the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking Show on Sunday

13 comments:

Nancy Sanders said...

Very nice card. Very nice for a sympathy card. thanks for checking out my blog and for you kind comments.

LINDA said...

This is Gorgeous!! Love how you used the ribbon..Lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Kimmi said...

Lovely card. I find Sympathy Cards soooo hard to do.

Thankyou for popping by my blog :o)

Kim xx

Nicola said...

Such a beautiful, serene card for such a sad occassion Glenda.
Enjoy Ally Pally and Spend, Spend, Spend !!! -x-

Jacilynn said...

Wow, great card. I really love your style. Great work! Have a great weekend.

Debs said...

Lovely card, I have such a problem with sympathy cards, have fun at the Ally Pally wish i was coming with you.
Hugs Debs

Alex said...

Nice card using your new Stampin' Up! stamp set Glenda. No one likes to make these cards, but you've done a lovely job.

Have a great time at Ally Pally tomorrow :)

Alex x

Scrapmumur said...

beautiful card, Glenda!!!
I like your composition, the papers and colours are wonderful.
Hugs, Mumur

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, love the flower image

Tasha said...

Beautiful card - i love the black and white daisy paper - and welcome to yur firrst challenge with us
thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew and good luck
love tasha xx

Paula said...

What a beautiful card love the paper's and the sentiment you have used is lovely. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Alison said...

Beautiful card- sympathy cards are so hard to do.

Michele said...

A very lovely card, just right for a sympathy card.

Thanks for you comment.

Michele
x