Sunday, 29 March 2009

Colour Create Challenge 9


Well I hope you've all had a good weekend. My weekend has been rather busy as we had our friends David & Deborah to dinner last night whom we hadn't seen for a while so it was great to catch up. After all that cooking I am rather worn out today to have just sat around blog hopping and playing games. Amazingly I have also managed to achieve doing a challenge on the day it was set. This is for the Colour Createchallenge which this week is Lilac. and Blue.
Backing paper is from making-handmade cards. The lilac card is Lavender Lace from Stampin'Up as is the flower stamp. The sentiment stamp comes from Imagine That. I didn't go with the optional extra of ribbons and swirls, partly because I had no blue ribbon left or if I have it's hiding somewhere and I can't find it, but also because I didn't think either really went with this layout. Although having said that I have just realised the backing paper does have swirls on.

22 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Such a fabulous card!
Love your image and your brilliant design! Such pretty paper and gorgeous colour!
Thanks for joining CC this week!
hugs
kim x

Sharon said...

Fantastic card Glenda. Your sentiment is super. Love the papers and images too - what a great layout. Thanks for making my colour choice look so great. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Loz said...

Great card Glenda. Love the colours..Loz

Faye said...

Great card, Glenda. Love the papers and your stamp.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Glenda, luv the layout, very pretty, sue.x

Rica said...

Oh Glenda - this is gorgeous!!! I just love your layout and the paper is beautiful as is the image and sentiment you've used.
Thanks for joining us at CC.
hugs Heather xx

Ellen, said...

Thank you Glenda, for the kind words on my blog :)

I see some wonderfull cards on your blog and would love to come back :)

Karen said...

Gorjus card Glenda. Love the images.

Love Karen xxx

mueppi said...

Gorgeous card, Glenda!!!
Love the papers and images!
Hugs Gisela

Sonia Kertznus said...

Gorgeous card... love it...HUGS....SK :)

sukes7 said...

beautiful card really pretty luv sue x

Louise Forsyth said...

Beautiful card, the images are lovely and the layout is great.

Maria Matter said...

Hi Glenda!
This is fabulous! These are such pretty colors togethter! Good for you getting a challenge done on the day it was issued! I can really make that happen! lol
take care!
blessings, Maria

Scrapmumur said...

OH...Your card is marvellous, Glenda!!
I like your composition,
Lovely papers.
Hugs, Mumur

Paula said...

What a beautiful card Glenda love the layout and what a great colour combo.
Paula xxxx

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely card, really pretty. Kim

joey said...

Hi, this is fabulous, love the little images in the squares, love this layout also. Joey.x

karen said...

very pretty card i have struggled with this colour scheme am gooing to put my card on later! i only live in gidea park so we are neighbours. small world !!!
x karen x

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card...I especially like the sentiment.

Michele said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the colours you've used. Michele x

Chris said...

A wonderful card Glenda! I love the layout, the papers and images, all so elegant and pretty. Glad you could join us at CC this week. Chris x

Nicola said...

Beautiful card Glenda, I love your stamp, papers and wonderful layout. -x-