Saturday, 21 February 2009

Thanks a bunch


I can't believe it's Friday again. I've been so busy this week. Riverdance was great for the fifth time of seeing. Before the show we went to a Polish restaurant which was very nice and different. Dave had soured rye flour soup or something similar and it came in a huge bread bowl which was a round loaf of bread which had been scooped out in the middle, and that was only the starter. We brought the remainder of the loaf home wrapped in foil. I wonder if anyone wondered what the strange smell was in the theatre.
Anyway. today was like Christmas as the postie arrived with the blog candy I won over at Heather's blog, I can't believe I actually won. My hubby said I was like a kid at Christmas.Thank you so much Heather and thank you for the beautiful card too. I will have plenty of use for it all and I've always wanted to try parchment craft but never knew where to begin, now I do.If that wasn't enough the postie came again with some papers I had ordered as I'm trying to build up my crafting stash.Talk about a kid in a toy shop.
Enough of the ramblings this card is for Friday Sketcher No 40. Can't believe I've managed to do it so quickly but I loved the sketch. I also didn't feel like doing a lot as I was tired from yesterday and dear hubby has now given me his cold. One day I will be healthyish.Sorry can't remember where the stamp came from.

24 comments:

Crafting Joanne said...

Awww this is lovely Glenda, the papers are pretty and the image is so sweet.
Sounds like you had a lovely time at the meal and show.

Have a lovely weekend.

Joanne x

LINDA said...

Hi Glenda, What a Great card!! Love the image and the Paper is very nice. Sounds like to Had a wonderful time..

Heather Bradley said...

Glad to hear your goodies arrived safetly Glenda, have fun creating :0)
I love parchment craft its so relaxing, just takes me ages to complete anything with a 3 year old constantly wanting to help lol.
Beautiful card, love the colours you have used :0)
*Hugs* Heather x

SemSee said...

Hi Glenda!

We've moved, unpacked and now finally have our internet up and running, so I'm back in blogland!

This is such a beautiful card. The image is really cute and I love the colours and combos!

I acutally popped by to tell you that you need to pop over to Lyndsey Marie Designs and take a look at her blog candy winner....coz it's YOU!!!! Many congrats, you lucky thing!

Hugs, Sem x

Cardmaking Galore said...

A really sweet card - colours are great!

Beryl (bik59) said...

A really lovely card, I love the colours, and real cute image
Beryl x

agnes said...

Beautiful card,love the image.Thanks for youre birthday wishes

Hugs agnesxx

pinky said...

Lovely job, my fav colour PINK.
Pinky

angeljakki said...

Soooo sweet, your card is lovely and the bear is a cutie x

Glitter Monkey said...

Gorgeous card - I think this is the best sketch I have used for ages! Enjoy all your new stash!! Lol Lynn ♥

Jill said...

aww Glenda this is absolutely gorgeous, congrats on your blog candy win. thanks so much for your lovely comments on my cards hugs Jill x

joey said...

Hi Glenda, oh this is gorgeous, the papers are so lovely and the image is just so cute. joey.x

mueppi said...

Lovely card, Glenda with such a cute image and fab colouring!
Hugs Gisela

Dawn said...

Aww what a cute card! Love your bear image!

Bev said...

This is so adorable Glenda, love the pretty papers and adorable iamge

Lana said...

Congrats on winning the goodies Glenda!!
This is such a cute card
Hugs
Lana x

Naoual said...

Aww Glenda, this card is sooo cute!

Hope you'll feel better soon.

xx Naoual

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Wow...so pretty!

Fantabulous!

Cheers From Canada,

Dorothy

Nicola said...

Wow Glenda what a gorgeous card. I love your papers and this sweet iamge. -x-

Sylvia said...

awww.. what a sweetie! love the cute little bear image and your card is just beautiful!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Jeannette said...

Very Cute, fab card.

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Love to see what you created with my sketch. Beautiful card, great spring colors! Such a cute bear. How wunderful you won a blogcandy, congratulations, we never have enough to play with :-) Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers. Love,
jacqueline

Maria Matter said...

Hi Glenda!
This is adorable!!!
I love the sweet image and the beautiful papers you used!
Fabulous card!
Blessings, Maria

Mimiko said...

This is so cute and lovely :)