Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Recycled



Today I have gone into recycle mode. A lovely lady called Stella gave me some of her old birthday and Christmas cards yesterday to see what I could do with them.So this weeks entry for Papertake Weekly Dawnys sketch 6 challenge is a card made from recycled bits and bobs.The sketch seemed just perfect for me to use for this.
Claire also told me about another blog Daring Cardmakers and so this card is also for that challenge which this week happens to be to make a card using recycled items.Thanks Claire for pointing me in the direction of Daring Cardmakers.
The pink card is from an old birthday that I had. The rose paper I forget where it came from as I have had this little scrap for ages. The glitter corners I cut from an old Christmas card. The topper is from a Birthday Card which I again mounted on pink card.. To make the tag stand out a little more I have backed it with more pink card.I don't think anyone would realise that it was made from recycled bits and bobs do you?

11 comments:

Pascale said...

Brilliant recycling job! A really lovely card! Pascale :)

Naoual said...

Beautiful! Lovely card, love the soft colours. You did a great job recycling! ;o)

xx Naoual

Claire Mackaness said...

What a great card. THis weeks Daring Cardmakers challenge is for recycled cards. You shoudl enter it. Thanks for my award!

Judy said...

Wow, what a beautiful card, Glenda, I love making new cards out of old, too!
JudyNZ

Rach said...

Hi Glenda, this is a pretty card that you have created. lovely colours. hugs rachxx

LOUISE said...

Fab card Glenda, love the colours, and your have done a brilliant job with your recycling. LOuise x

Susan (Sue H) said...

Welcome along to the Daring Cardmakers Glenda, I hope you enjoyed taking part in your first dare with us.

It looks like you managed to recycle lots of lovely little bits from the Birthday and Christmas cards your were given and have put them all to good use.

Thanks for playing along and we hope you will be back to join in again with tomorrows dare.

Retta said...

Very feminine and beautiful!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, brilliant job with the recycling.

steph said...

This is lovely! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

Bev said...

Wow, what a fabulous card Glenda, the colours are gorgeous
hugs Bev x